March 5, 2020
DIRTT Wall systems are being installed
- Now that the installation of the DIRTT wall panels has begun, the interior of the building is really starting to take shape.
- The DIRTT wall panels are designed and manufactured in Calgary. When they arrive on site, they are installed in their designated location and then connected to power, networking cable, plumbing, etc.
March 19, 2020
- Construction of the new wing at our Health Centre resumed on March 19th.
- In order to comply with the provincial Covid-19 Virus regulations, the contractor had to completely seal the work area off from the rest of the hospital. In addition, all workers had to receive formal training to ensure they were aware of all the social and physical distancing regulations that are currently in place.
- Some of you have been asking about the soundproofing in between the examining rooms in the new clinic. Soundproofing material is incorporated into the prefabricated panels and the contractor has installed batts of soundproofing material in between the steel wall studs. We have been advised that the soundproofing will be better than what we currently have in the existing clinical space.
- Even as the wall panels are being installed, you can still see that a lot of natural light is entering the building.
- The exterior cladding feature is beginning to wrap around the big windows on the corner of the building. When it is safe to do so, check out the geometric design in the metal siding.