Bursaries for Health Care Professionals
- The Vulcan County Health and Wellness Foundation is pleased to provide professional health care professionals, working in Vulcan County, with an opportunity to apply for a bursary to help offset the costs of taking supplementary courses to upgrade their education and/or to attend conferences in specialized areas of health care.
Course Information: Priorities 4 Care – Integrating knowledge and evidence into clinical practice.
“Participating in this conference will provide me with the opportunity to keep my skills and knowledge current, which helps me to provide better care to my patients and their families. This course provides information on six different illnesses or injuries that we may treat in our emergency department or provide care for in our acute care department. The six different topics included in this day are alcohol toxicity, and withdrawal, traumatic brain injury, 12 lead ECG’s, acute respiratory failure, gastrointestinal disorders and priorities in trauma resuscitation. “
- You are currently employed in a health care facility located in Vulcan County.
- You have medical designation indicating that you are a recognized health care professional and legally authorized to practice in Alberta.
- You are recommended by your immediate supervisor.
How to Apply
- Click on this link to download the VCHWF Bursary Application Form.
- Complete the application. Make sure your supervisor has completed Supervisor Recommendation area and that they have signed your application.
- Submit your completed application form to Vulcan County Health and Wellness Foundation in person, by regular mail, or by e-mail.
- In Person: Our office is located at 110 – 1st Ave. S. (in the VBDS building);
- Regular Mail: P.O. Box 28, Vulcan, AB, T0L 2B0;
- The Board of Trustees of the VCHWF evaluates each bursary application received. The Board then determines which applications will be approved and the monetary value of every approved bursary.
- You can apply at any time of the year for a VCHWF Bursary. Be advised, however, that Board approval of your application could take up to 2 months – apply early!
- You are encouraged to apply for a bursary prior to the commencement of you course. This will ensure that you know that your application has been approved and how much money you will receive from the Foundation.
- Applications may be accepted after you have completed your course. However, the VCHWF Board cannot guarantee that you will receive a bursary or, if you receive a bursary, that it will cover the total cost of the registration fees for your course.
- Contact the Foundation's Operations Manager, Deb Hartung,(403) 485-3147, if you have any questions about your application or if you are having difficulty downloading the application form itself.